Figuring out the Floor
This morning we were in town for a yoga class I was teaching so we didn't get to the bus until about noon. I wanted to get the blog up dated so Phil started tackling the floor.
The rubber flooring broke off with the help of a chisel and hammer… as it seems almost everything will judging by the amount we have been relying on those two tools. Some of it came off in big sections, other parts in small chunks.
Under the rubber layer of the floor is thick plywood nailed to the metal floor. These heavy sheets were a bit of a struggle for the little crowbar and Phil.
We decided to reach out for help. Mom had the idea of the circular saw and dad brought some big improvisational tools. Together they made quick work of the plywood, sawing it into sections, lifting the plywood with a metal shovel and then wedging a drilling tool from a jackhammer under to pry it up.
And voila! Not so much rust after all!