These ships are mainly used as cargo ships or smaller, but only slightly, version are now sometimes for overnight by-water tours. The boats can be 20-35 meters long and weigh up to 350 tons.
- A crew of only 14 people work on each ship from start to finish
- Each boat takes 3 years to complete
- They use only traditional (though slightly modified sometimes) hand tools in the construction
- The particular boats they were building were ordered by a Chinese palm oil company that commissioned the building of 5 boats for $10million
- To finally launch to boat once its finished being built it takes hundreds of people pulling it by ropes to get it into the ocean.